Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to Mountain Lion on 2010 Macbook Air and run Windows 7 via Bootcamp?

I have a 13" 2010 Macbook Air. I currently have Snow Leopard as the Mac OS and Windows 7 on Bootcamp version 3.

I want to upgrade my Mac OS to Mountain Lion which I gather comes with Bootcamp version 5.

However, on the MacBook Air bootcamp compatibility matrix on the following page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634 it says my laptop will only work with Bootcamp version 4. But if I upgrade to Mountain Lion I'll get Bootcamp version 5, and hence will I not be able to run Windows?

TL;DR - Can I safely upgrade to Mountain Lion on my 2010 Macbook Air and still run Windows 7 via Bootcamp?

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 3:02 PM

When you upgrade to Mountain Lion, it will upgrade Boot Camp Assistant to the newest version that is compatible with your hardware, which in your case is 4. Yes, you will be able to upgrade to Mountain Lion and run Windows 7 in Boot Camp.

2 replies

Upgrade to Mountain Lion on 2010 Macbook Air and run Windows 7 via Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.