Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my video clips become blurred or shaky at some spots once I import them into Final Cut Pro X? It only does this with video from my Nikon d5200.

The clips that I take on my Nikon D5200 become blurry and shaky once I import them into Final Cut Pro X. It doesn't do this with videos not taken with this camera. How do I fix this?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 4:20 PM

Blurry and shaky? How so? As in artifacts or interlaced combing?

This camera shoots a variety of formats. What are your clip properties? Open one of them in QuickTime and hit Command+i to bring up the Inspector. Post a screen shot of the information.

Russ

25 replies

Jul 26, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Awestort

Well, unless there is something unusual about these mov files that isn't apparent, FCP should correctly set the project to 1080P60. That said, I recently had a situation where FCP automatically kept setting new projects for 29.97 despite dropping 23.98 clips into them. Finally I gave up and chose Custom – just to get it right. (After that, BTW, automatic started mysteriously working again).

So that's what I suggest you do. Create a project with correct settings by using Custom in the new project dialogue box.

Russ

Jul 26, 2013 9:01 AM in response to Awestort

If you want the Nikon video to set the project properties it has to be the first clip you put in the timeline. You don't have to leave it there, but it has to be the very first thing into the timeline.

It's not good that FCP is seeing the clip properties differently from the QT player. Wonder if this was changed when the media was imported.

Why do my video clips become blurred or shaky at some spots once I import them into Final Cut Pro X? It only does this with video from my Nikon d5200.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.