Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2011 iMAC with a seagate drive that has not been replaced and I'm having a problem with my keyboard (caps lock and tab button doesn't work). Is this a problem with the drive or the keyboard itself?

My drive does need to be replaced, but it seems to be working fine with regular maintenance using Onyx. The rest of the keyboard is fine, but its the problem with the caps lock and the tab feature on Microsoft word that bothers me. Documents that I've used on my MacBook Pro where the tab feature works perfectly fail to indent correctly when they're transfurred to the iMAC. I just wanted to check if anyone else had this problem. Thanks

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 5:57 PM

Hi, do you mean the same document from the MBP doesn't display right on the iMac, or that you can't use Caps Lock & Tab on the iMac?

4 replies

Jul 25, 2013 8:37 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi,

Once I transfer the word document to the iMAC it's displayed right except that now the caps and the Tab keys don't work, which they were on the MBP. All the word documents on the iMAC now have a problem with those keys. I was thinking that it might just be the keyboard itself, but its odd that only two keys are not functioning and that's why I was thinking the drive was responsible. What I didn't do was disconnect the keyboard and then reconnect it through bluetooth. Anyway, the whole thing is strange and I have to do those two things manually and that bothers me because right now I publish books about cancer. Thanks for the response. It made me think a little more about the problem.

Jul 25, 2013 9:33 PM in response to Michael Alexander8

A bit unrelated but if you have a 1TB Seagate drive that has been recalled and you haven't gotten it replaced, then I would strongly recommend you get that taken care of as soon as possible. There is a time limit to getting that done at no cost and there are already plenty of machines that no longer qualify. Back your data up to an external drive, and go visit an Apple Store with an appointment to see the Genius Bar at your earliest convience.

I have a 2011 iMAC with a seagate drive that has not been replaced and I'm having a problem with my keyboard (caps lock and tab button doesn't work). Is this a problem with the drive or the keyboard itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.