Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download GarageBand loops?

I'm a pretty big GarageBand user. I have a lot of grayed-out loops and whenever i click on them to download them, i get a pop-up saying: "The Software Instrument or Apple Loop selected is not currently installed on your computer. Would you like to install the complete set of GarageBand instruments and loops?" Then I get two options. Download Now, and Download Later. Download later does not do anything that it says it will do. If I open Software Updates, there is no box telling me that I have loops to install. If I chose Download Now, the App Store pops up, and takes me to the Updates tab. There is nothing in it except for a message that says "You have no updates". 😢

Please help me download these loops!

-- Thanks in advance,

Andrew

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, Mac OS X (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:15 AM

Reload the AppStore Updates tab window after you signed into the AppStore - press ⌘R.

If that will not bring the update forward, try to install manually from a Terminal as described by mteep:

: Re: GarageBand '11 won't download additional loops

If that does not work, uninstall and trash the preferences, see Dagon's post in the same thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3039094?start=0&tstart=0

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2013 11:15 AM in response to JellyBellyFred

Reload the AppStore Updates tab window after you signed into the AppStore - press ⌘R.

If that will not bring the update forward, try to install manually from a Terminal as described by mteep:

: Re: GarageBand '11 won't download additional loops

If that does not work, uninstall and trash the preferences, see Dagon's post in the same thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3039094?start=0&tstart=0

How can I download GarageBand loops?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.