Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my itunes showing duplicates?

My itunes library is showing duplicates. but it is showing my songs and then the songs i already bought that are stored in the cloud. like for example. it shows "you lie" by the band perry, and then it shows the same song under it but with the icloud button you click to download. i bought the song on itunes already, so i already downloaded it. I keep trying to upload a picture onto this so people know what i'm talking about but its not working. i'm currently running mountain lion on my 4 month old macbook pro with the most up to date itunes. and it is quite annoying because my itunes library is 2 times the size it should be! how do i get rid of them all?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 7:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2013 1:56 AM in response to Armadilio

Hi Armadilio,

I experienced the same problem this morning.

What helped for me is to go to iTunes->Settings->Store and uncheck the first point in the bottom settings.

Something with show iTunes iCloud content (sorry, I only have the german descrition).

Then click ok and iTunes will remove all cloud dublicates. After the set the checkmark again and press ok.

iTunes will perform a short sync and the doublicates of already downloaded files won't appear any longer.

Only for those titles that were not already downloaded to your Mac will show from now on.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards

Marc

Why is my itunes showing duplicates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.