Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2.66 Quad - Hardware Test error

Hi all !

I am trying to help out someone in another state with their Mac Pro problem so bear with me ...

The machine is a MacPro 2009 I believe, 2.66GHz Quad. and it's having startup issues - at the moment it's NOT starting so I am told !

Before it went totally down someone was able to run the Apple Hardware Test on it and got an error code -

4SNS/1/40000000: TMA4- 128.000

Ive searched and found the 4SNS refers to a possible sensor problem, but the TMA part of the code is unknown ...

It is also showing 1 of the 4 red ram led lights so there looks like a ram issue as well, but Im just wondering if anyone can shed more light on the error above so I can try to pinpoint the problems closer ?

At the moment Im being told by the locals it might be the logic board which of course is quite expensive ...

Mitch

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 11:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2013 9:21 AM in response to Mitch

My rule of thumb when faced with multiple problems is to address any you can get your hands around, and the symptoms may change and clarify the other problem.

--------

A RAM LED stuck on is a memory failure, and that is easy to fix -- remove or replace the failing module.

It is also possible the sensor complaint is about that module -- they have temp sensors on them.

--------

If you are replacing modules in a 2009 or later, don't buy smaller than 8GB replacements, they are cheap enough now at about US$75 from

http://DataMemorySystems.com

http://www.datamemorysystems.com/apple-mac-pro-quad-core-intel-xeon-nehalem-2-66 ghz-mb871ll/a-early-2009-memory-upgrades/

(Where 2* 4GB Costs $76 or $94 from the same vendor at this writing)

Mac Pro 2.66 Quad - Hardware Test error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.