Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brand new macbook air drops wi-fi connectivity randomly

i just bought macbook air last week, and it suddenly drops wi-fi connectivity on a regular basis. i try to fix it through network, but nothing i do in particular works; it seems that it reconnects itself randomly. how do i fix this? (when i try to go through network diagnostics and assistant, it displays erratic answers—sometimes it doesn't recognize the correct password for the wi-fi network, for example.) this symptom is really detrimental and i feel really frustrated.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 1:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2013 3:02 AM in response to fisharmonicista

There's lots of other threads about this;

This one has over 60 pages https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5100655?answerId=22449612022#22449612022.

First of all; You should perform a 'Software Update' and install the latest update; this is meant to fix the wifi issue.

If this still doesn't work phone up Apple Support.

I am currently having issues with my new Macbook AIr (mid 2013) and my wifi issues have continued post update.

I spoke to Apple Support, and they told me to;

• Renew DHCP lease
  • Delete Wifi network from saved networks
  • Delete Wifi password from keychain

Apparently this may fix the issue, however from what I've read it appears to be hardware related.

brand new macbook air drops wi-fi connectivity randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.