Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get print driver settings to copy over to clients

Hi All,

We are running a Follow Me printing solution, were a central 'printer' is used to hold jobs which can then be released on any of the printers around the building, this system is working absolutely fine on Mac, however I am having a slight problem with getting the print driver settings to be sent to the client machines.

The printer is configured on our Apple Server, were the printer is added from the Open Directory, using the correct Ricoh Mac driver for the printers, however when we add the printer to the client computers via Workgroup Manager, we find that the driver is sent over perfectly fine, however the driver tab in the print settings is not, the settings which are set on the server (configuration for the finishing unit and additional trays) do not seem to be setup on the client machine, this means that our users are unable to use things like the automatic stapling and punching feature on the printers. These options are available when I try to print whilst on the Apple Server, but it seems like some of the driver settings get lost in transition when the printer is added to the client machines.

We are running OSX 10.8.2 across all of the network.

I would be super grateful if anyone could shed any light on this situation!

Thanks.

Mac Pro, OS X Server

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 6:12 AM

1 reply

Cannot get print driver settings to copy over to clients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.