Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my CD's registered to my account?

If I get rid of all my CD's, are they regiserted to my iTunes account? If I was to lose all my data, would my music be retrievable - both CDs and downloads. If so then I would like to sell my music CDs. What is the use? I have a feeling it isn't the case as then I could just buy a CD, add to my iTunes and then sell the CD which surely breaks copy right laws.

I want to digitalise all my music as it is just easier.

The same regards to my DVD and Blu-ray collection.

Than you.

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 6:25 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Grog85

No, imported CDs will not be connected with your iTunes Store account. But you are correct as to selling the CDs; you cannot legally do so and still keep the music on your devices. The license goes with the CD. There is no technology barrier to doing that, though. It's up to your sense of doing what is morally and legally correct.

Commercial video DVDs and Blu-Ray disks are almost all copy protected and hence cannot be imported legally since in the US and several other countries breaking that copy protection is against the law. If the DVD or Blu-Ray disk comes with a digital copy, then that copy will indeed be tied to your iTunes Store or Ultraviolet account (as applicable to the digital copy system the movie producer chose).

Regards.

Are my CD's registered to my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.