Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad app store updates not working

There are two iPads in our household, an iPad 2 and an iPad Mini,. Both are running the latest IOS 6.1.3

On both the App Store badges show updates are to be done but the update page in the app is blank.

I updated some app in the purchased tab, but not all apps show there.

Since this issue arose simultaneously on both devices I suspect it is something Apple did.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 7:44 AM

97 replies

Jul 27, 2013 6:20 AM in response to James Buttitta

Here is a work around to get your apps updated:

1. Open App Store

2. Select Purchased

3. Tap on the A at the left to start with all purchased apps with the letter A

4. Scroll down through purchased "A" apps and look for UPDATE next to the app instead of OPEN.

5. Continue through alphabet until you've found all apps to be updated.

NOTE: When you open the Purchased tab in the App Store, the default view is Recent purchases, that is why not all your purchased apps show up initially.

Hope this helps!?!?

Jul 27, 2013 7:22 AM in response to James Buttitta

I'm having the same issue with my iPad 2. I'm doing app updates just fine with my iPhone 4S, but my iPad 2 always shows a blank screen. This has been going on for a couple of days a now.

I tried rebooting my iPad, but that didn't help.

After reading the other posts here, I'm pretty sure it's something that Apple has to fix on their end.

Hopefully they'll get things ironed out soon. In the meantime, everything else seems to be working just fine. I just can't update apps on my iPad.

iPad app store updates not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.