Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earpods remote/mic not working for iPhone 3GS

Hi, i recently bought Apple Earpods yesterday and the remote/mic does not seem to work for my iPhone 3Gs, but the earphones itself work perfectly well

im not sure if this is how its meant to be or it isn't compatible with the 3Gs, but if it is meant to work; should i go back and ask for a refund or exchange?

thanks

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 8:05 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2013 12:29 PM in response to DEScn

I had the same problem with the earphones that came with my new iPhone 5 version 6.1.4. I tried it on my old 4s 6.1.3 and worked fine. so I found another discussion, where they advise to go to settings- music and adjust the volume limit. I slided half way down , go back to music, then again go back Ti volume limit and slide all the way up and exit.

Then I rebooted the phone and it worked!! Now my microphone/ remote works fine.

Hope it works for you

Jul 30, 2013 2:21 AM in response to judysings

Hi, thanks for replying

The remote/mic is still not working and i've tried your solution but nothing is solving the issue

I've taken it back to the store i've bought it from (MYER, Australia / myer.com.au) and i asked them to check it up for me, they tested the earphones on a iPhone 4S device and checked on the apple store to prove that its compatible to me, they concluded that i have a issue with my phone (i personally don't think so) and to go to the apple store and have them take a look at it

ps. the volume adjuster doesn't work either

Earpods remote/mic not working for iPhone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.