Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The proper "hierarchy" for items in iTune?

...I would like to get information how the "hierarchy" should be for everything to click in... for example - out of the blue one day, my sceensaver couldn´t find any album artwork in iTunes to show in that specific sceensaver och went black... since then I´ve tried to fix this... without succes.

The best thing would be to get an overlook, a wiew - of what maps required and in what order etc...
I´ve got soo much music in iTunes and put a lot of work in the collection to get all right albumcovers, songlyrics and the right info overall, so it´s sad to realize that You loose the benefits of all that input.

Regards from
Tina

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4), AirPort, iPhone 4S, G5, TimeCapsel

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:29 AM

Your post title should be "iTunes artwork screensaver not working" since that is your problem.

See this -> OS X: iTunes Artwork screen saver is blank or states "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with artwork

FYI: You do have regular backups of your entire hard drive, correct?

Time Machine or something else?

3 replies

Jul 26, 2013 4:12 PM in response to Chris CA

I´m still interested in the proper order of maps etc... for many reasons.

Yes - I have a complete backup and I tried to bring back the iTune-map but was told - "There is not enough space on Your harddrive..." so I made a backup on a extern drive (like I used to do a few years ago - it takes 12 hours to download the complete collection and I got exhausted to do that back then...), deleted the corrupt one on my computer but guess what... there where still not space enough!

Now I keep the complete collection incl apps and stuff for the iPhone on an extern drive and it works so far...
But I´m not really happy - I don´t like then things like this just happen and I can´t understand why. It takes so muck time and mental wellfare to mend and repare... testing around because I don´t know how it should be...

regards tina

Jul 29, 2013 12:08 PM in response to ckld

I think it actually was the duplicates in voice memos that caused all my trouble! It was very annoying then my big collection in iTunes couldn´t be replaced - "not enough space..." but then I put them back by hand in smaller portions it worked again.
Thank You for all help!
regards tina

The proper "hierarchy" for items in iTune?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.