Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later. (10002)

Any help with how to deal with this would be much appreciated

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 12:31 PM

Hi Storey98,

If you are having issues redeeming your gift card, the following article will help:

iTunes Store: Invalid, inactive, or illegible codes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1292

Cheers,

- Judy

7 replies

Dec 25, 2014 9:16 AM in response to Storey98

I had the same problem too. Whenever I would open up the iTunes Music Store on my iPod and would try to redeem the code it would not work (I used two separate gift cards, so it is unlikely to be a gift card issue). For some reason, I am not sure why, when I tried to redeem it on the App Store, it worked fine the first time and my account was credited with the $20.00 on the gift card. After that I was able to go back to the Music Store and buy songs. Hope this helps!

Apr 3, 2015 1:43 AM in response to judysings

Yes this link If you can't redeem your iTunes Gift Card or code - Apple Support helped me.

Bottom line: I was trying to redeem an itunes gift card in the app store and go the rather unhelpful message:

Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

Once I logged onto the itunes store and tried to redeem it there, it worked first time. For some reason that's not entirely clear to me, itunes gift cards have to be redeemed though the itunes store, even though the credit then shows up on both the itunes store and the app store. Weird.

Jun 26, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Storey98

I have the same issue!!!! You would think Apple would want to redeem the cards without an issue so we can buy more.

This happens all the time and their Apple link to resolve the issue does nothing.

Come on Apple get with the program. A simple thing like letting me redeem the money that I have already spent should not be an issue.

Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later. (10002)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.