Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reduce the size of a photo proportionally. With my old Mac mini I was able to place the pointer on the bottom right corner hold the shift key until I achieved the desires size.

How can I reduce the size of a photo PROPORTIONALLY? With my old Macmini I was able to place the pointer on the bottom right corner of the picture, hold down the shift key and move the pointer to achieve the desired size.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:57 AM

10 replies

Jul 26, 2013 1:54 PM in response to Harvey F. Nagler

You'll need to use a 3rd party editor like one of these:

Some Image Editors That Support layers:

Photoshop Elements 11 for Mac - $79Rainbow Painter - $30
Imagerie - $38
Acorn - $50

Pixelmator - $60

Seashore - Free

Portraits and Prints - Free

GIMP for Mac - Free

Xee 2.1 - free

My personal preference would be for Photoshop Elements for Mac. Most of these will let you select and copy a head from one photo, paste it into another photo, resize and place where you need it.

PSE has a specific feature just for that function. I belive the Adobe site for PSE has a demo video of that feature.

OT

Jul 26, 2013 3:21 PM in response to Harvey F. Nagler

You can do this now in Preview, but never could in iPhoto. Of course, that only affects the display and doesn't edit the file in any way.

With iPhoto you can do this in the Export dialogue - File -> Export and under Size you can scale in various ways.

This User Tip

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4921

has details of the options in the Export dialogue.

How can I reduce the size of a photo proportionally. With my old Mac mini I was able to place the pointer on the bottom right corner hold the shift key until I achieved the desires size.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.