Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create a "floating" toolbar, or customize any of the floating palettes?

I don't want the toolbar visible because I need it for almost* nothing and I can't accept even a little compromise to the visible length of my writing workspace. So I hide toolbars, formatting bars, rulers, etc., and use key commands instead whereever possible.

But without the toolbar visible, I can't create tables easily--there's not even a key command. The inspector can only edit tables already created.

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 12:32 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2013 8:23 PM in response to blc@ucsc.edu

The Insert Menu oddly enough inserts stuff, all sorts of stuff.

When I start using a new program I have a good look around, which is well rewarded in Pages because it has mostly sensible names, well organised from the large down to the smallest details working left to right in the Menus and Inspectors.

The View menu also does what it says and the keyboard shortcuts are (mostly) next to the menu items.

If a menu item like Table does not have a keyboard shortcut you can give it one in:

Menu > Apple > System Preferences… > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts

Peter

Can I create a "floating" toolbar, or customize any of the floating palettes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.