Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV3 Wifi problems

Hey. Can anyone help me? I apologize if anyone thinks that this has been discussed several times before on this forum. But I can unfortunately not find answers to my questions.Have from July 1 tested Netflix on my Apple TV 3 with some problems. The stream runs perfectly until I suddenly get the error message "A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later". I have to press the menu button and load the content again.I have tried the following to correct this error. Cut the power to the modem and my Apple Timecapsule which I use as my wifi network, and then power cycle again. This has been without success. Have obviously the last update and have double checked several times to see that I have the latest version of Apple TV3.

I've tried to go into the "iTunes Store" and then change from 1080i to 720p and then to standard definition without success. Something that really should not be necessary since I have both a modem and timecapsule that is not older than 1 year old and bought new. And the internet speed should be more than enough. Speed ​​of my internet line is 30mb./15mb. My 8 month old Apple Timcaspule the Internet signals coming from standing 3-4 feet in a straight line towards my Apple TV 3.I also tried to disable the power cord to my Apple TV3 wall and then wait 60 seconds and start up again without success. Worth noting is that I can not remember that this error has occurred on my Apple TV3 other program selection / apps than netflix.When I see content on Netflix the media is not loaded in advance to the timeline as it always gets done on youtube. But that's only because the media content is much larger than any of the youtube media, or what? There were no changes on this when I change from 1080i to 720p or standard definition.I have found several articles about Apple TV that I'm unsure about dealing with my version of Apple TV3. Please see these articles:
http://9to5mac.com/2013/04/15/apple-says-small-number-of-apple-tvs-have-wifi-iss ues-opens-replacement-program/

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/15/apple-initiates-replacement-program-for-3rd- generation-apple-tvs-with-wifi-connectivity-issues/

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2013/04/16/apple-replacement-program-apple-tv-3-wifi -connectivity-issues/If the third and fourth position are right, I have not this error. But if the fourth and fifth position, I have this error. Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty what is right? Has anyone here on the forum contacted Apple to investigate this?How can I find out if my problems caused by this bug? I can of course be wired between my Apple and Apple TV3 Timcapsule to see what happens. What about pressing reset to factory settings? Have any other suggestions? Is there software to determine where the fault lies?-ourkid

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 12:53 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV3 Wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.