Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Ipad 2 and.....

I have an ipad 2 and a day it was not charging then it was not turning on, and then today it says it's fully charged and it's only 8 percent, I tried restarting it but no luck.. I dont have a convenient apple store near me.... what to do? Answers please ASAP now i need it. Whoever answers is a lifesaver!

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 3:17 PM

14 replies

Jul 26, 2013 4:48 PM in response to LovelyLollipop

Let's get back to your question.

How do you charge it? Using a usb connection to your computer won't do it. It's not powerful enough. You have to use the charger your ipad came with and connect it to a wall outlet or surge protector.

Have you tried to reset it? You do that by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time for about 10 to 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears. See if that helps.

If nothing works, then it might be worth a trip, however far, to an Apple store in CT. They are in the bigger cities there. You might make a day of it - lots of shopping and restaurants...

And fyi, I appreciated your manners. That's how we how nad how we taught our sons to be - well mannered. And I think people like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Anthony Hopkins and myriad others did not reject Queen Elizabeth II bestowing knoghthood and the title of Sir on them because it would make them sound old.

Hope this helps.

Jul 27, 2013 9:10 AM in response to appleuser1322

Thanks you very much for your kind comments, I grew up in a family that was big on manners so I would never respond in any kind of rude manner. I am very satisfied with your comments and your advice thank you everyonce for contributing, thank you so much. Thank you! Have a great day! Maybe you all should stop by and answer some more of my questions with your brilliant selves. Due with all respect, LovelyLollipop.

Jul 27, 2013 8:12 PM in response to LovelyLollipop

Hi there,

Thank you for that kindness.

However, did you find a solution to your charging problem or will you have to bring it in to an Apple store?

If so, does anyone you know well commute for work to any of the CT cities with an Apple store? Or does anyone close to you commute on the train to NYC for work? If so, there's an Apple store right in Grand Central Station.

You could ask them when it would be convenient for them, and make an appointment at hte Genius Bar at a time that works for them to bring it in and have it fixed or replaced free, even if it's out of warranty and the issue was no fault of yours.

Keep us posted, and hope your ipad fix is easy.

I have an Ipad 2 and.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.