Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad2 stopped accessing my movies via file sharing. My iPad3 still works. Has my iPad2 become obsolete?

I used to be able to access my movies at home via file sharing on my computer's iTunes. My ipad3 still works beautifully so I'm guessing something is up with my ipad2 that no longer works. This would be very annoying considering I use my ipad2 as my work iPad and I cannot swap with the kids ipad3 because it doesn't have 3G and therefore can't be use outside of wifi.

iPad 2, Ipad

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 5:36 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2013 3:11 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Sorry... Might be confusing. My iMac has file sharing turned on so that I can access my movies through the iPad. I select the videos icon on my ipad and my library shows up. When I press my library it looks like its accessing but stops halway. My ipad3 however has no problems and accessing immediately allowing me to see and all my movies on the iPad. This stopped working on the ipad2 only a few weeks back. I have restarted the ioad2 twice but it won't correct itself.

My ipad2 stopped accessing my movies via file sharing. My iPad3 still works. Has my iPad2 become obsolete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.