4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 6:55 PM by ds store
mfraz12 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How do I transfer my songs that I orginally got from my cds and such on my ipod to my new macbook pro?

• Topher Kessler Level 6 Level 6 (9,790 points)

It's been a while since I've addressed this, but I don't believe you can copy songs from your iPod to your Mac. If you ripped the songs from CDs at one point, then you should have them in iTunes and can transfer them from there in your old system to the new system.

• ds store Level 7 Level 7 (30,320 points)

It's been awhile for me as well.

You can buy a external drive from Apple and the songs purchased on the iPod can be reversed back onto the Mac.

The content that wasn't purchased on iTunes you likely will need to rip again from cd's or check on macrumors.com or in the itunes forum for the latest restoring tricks and restrictions.

If I recall there was some sort of upgrade process that replaced the rips with higher quality ones for a bulk price or something.

Good Luck

• LowLuster Level 6 Level 6 (12,050 points)

Simple fact is Apple does not allow you to copy from a i device to a Mac computer. That would lead to piracy in Apples eyes so they don't allow the users of i devices to do that.

mfraz12 wrote:

How do I transfer my songs that I orginally got from my cds and such on my ipod to my new macbook pro?

• michaelsmind Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Won't I-Tunes Match take care of the stuff ripped from CDs, as in loading them then depositing into Dropbox or Airdrop then to the computer?  I haven't tried jut remember reading it. Also if they are backed up with Time Machine and backed up to the cloud or an external drive, like someone else alluded too, you might be able to move them. I've been able to move stuff from computer to computer using home sharing but not from pod to Mac or PC. I'm not an expert just a user.