Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I click on a photo in Iphoto a big exclamation mark appears

So I recently went on vacation and took tons of photos/videos from my Iphone. When I got back home I uploaded them all to Iphoto and when it asked if I want to keep my photos or delete them I accidentally clicked delete. The problem though is that now when I try to sync that specific album it won't go, and when I click on one of the photos from Iphoto a big ⚠ exclamation mark appears. It also won't let me email or move anything from that album. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I really want some of those photos on my phone!!

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 10:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2013 10:57 PM in response to IJacobo

That symbol turns up when iPhoto can't find the original photo.

Are you running a Managed or a Referenced Library?

A Managed Library, is the default setting, and iPhoto copies files into the iPhoto Library when Importing. The files are then stored in the Library package

A Referenced Library is when iPhoto is NOT copying the files into the iPhoto Library when importing because you made a change at iPhoto -> Preferences -> Advanced. (You unchecked the option to copy files into the Library on import) The files are then stored where ever you put them and not in the Library package. In this scenario you are responsible for the File Management.

Every time I click on a photo in Iphoto a big exclamation mark appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.