Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't login; language keyboard problems

Hello!

I own a 15" Macbook Pro (from mid-2012), and I haven't really had problems with it up until now.

You see, I pressed a feature in settings, requiring both the account name and the password to login. What I didn't know is that only English would appear at the login screen by default (call me an idiot, but I didn't know my hotkeyed language keyboard wouldn't work at login). My username is in a different language (Korean), while my password is in English, so at this point, no matter what I type in, I can't log into my account because my user is in Korean.

I've been in Korea for the past two months now, so I called the Apple support service here, but all I got were really vague and unrelated answers/solutions.

I have thought about the possibility of restoring my backup through Time Machine, but I didn't bring my external harddrive over to this country, and I'm trying to prevent myself from reinstalling the OS X if possible.

So, in a nutshell, I guess what I'm trying to ask is this: Is there any way I can log into my account, even though my username and password are different languages?

If I can provide any other information to help you answer this, I would gladly do what I can.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 15", antiglare screen, 4GB RAM

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:27 AM

Solved own problem; opened up Terminal through Cmmd + R at startup screen.

Typed in "resetpassword," leading me to a popup window, asking which password I'd like to change.

My account had an English name right next to it in paranthesis.

Restarted computer.

Typed in that English name and password.

Logged in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2013 8:27 AM in response to Paperace

Solved own problem; opened up Terminal through Cmmd + R at startup screen.

Typed in "resetpassword," leading me to a popup window, asking which password I'd like to change.

My account had an English name right next to it in paranthesis.

Restarted computer.

Typed in that English name and password.

Logged in.

I can't login; language keyboard problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.