Skip navigation

how to get up to the apple menu?

1533 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 5:26 AM by andyBall_uk RSS
gritzildino Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 26, 2013 10:21 PM

I am big on key commands because of my arthritis. Im alittle confused on how to highlight the top left menu bar... It seems if i press fn+command+F2 it is highlighted... but only sometimes... i find myself panicing asking why doesnt this work..? Then if i press fn+command+F2 the dock is highlighted and if i press fn+command+F2 right after it will work...?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • andyBall_uk Level 6 Level 6 (17,470 points)
    Jul 27, 2013 2:59 AM (in response to gritzildino)

I think that the default shortcut is Ctrl-F2 (fn may be required, depending on the setting in System Preferences - Keyboard - Use all F1, F2 keys...)

You might check the shortcuts currently set in

System Preferences - Keyboard - Keyboard Shortcuts - Keyboard & Text Input...

specifically those for menu bar & Dock

• andyBall_uk Level 6 Level 6 (17,470 points)
    Aug 3, 2013 5:26 AM (in response to gritzildino)

>>I am guessing some thing because the F2 key works as brightness?

Exactly so - and if you check System Preferences - Keyboard you should see something similar to this

2013-08-03 at 13.23.45.jpg

where if you check the 'use all F1, F2 etc...' box, there's no need for the Fn key, except when you adjust brightness & other special features. Alernatively - alter the shortcuts in the window you pictured above, to something suitable.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.