Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and ML

Have installed Numbers in iMac without any issues. Able to save the files to iCloud and Open them back again without any issues.

By default the Numbers uses my ML's account to save files in iCloud. I would like to link Numbers to a different iCloud account.

Please provide any inputs? (without using any other cloud services like drop box etc.,)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 6:14 AM

OS X Mountain Lion allows you to add more than one iCloud account. Open System Preferences > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Add Account, and add another iCloud account. Then, see if Documents and Data can be ticked, and if so, tick it. Then, in the same preference pane, choose the other iCloud account and untick Documents and Data.

Finally, open Numbers and you should be able to save documents on iCloud. If you don't see Documents and Data after adding the second iCloud account, you have to remove the first iCloud account and replace it with the second iCloud account

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2013 6:14 AM in response to Kasee

OS X Mountain Lion allows you to add more than one iCloud account. Open System Preferences > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Add Account, and add another iCloud account. Then, see if Documents and Data can be ticked, and if so, tick it. Then, in the same preference pane, choose the other iCloud account and untick Documents and Data.

Finally, open Numbers and you should be able to save documents on iCloud. If you don't see Documents and Data after adding the second iCloud account, you have to remove the first iCloud account and replace it with the second iCloud account

Jul 27, 2013 4:56 PM in response to mende1

I have added the iCloud account and the new iCloud account does have the "Document and Data". Thanks for trying to help. I don't really dare to remove the original iCloud account from the System Preferrences - because I am not sure - how do I manage to restore my contacts, photo sharing usage and sharing, iMessages communcations etc., without the original iCloud account.

I read in an internet post that, apple will soon introduce Sharing for iCloud Documents. If that being introduced, I believe - I can open the same document from multiple accounts if using the Numbers application.

I will leave this post unanswered - as I am sure, there are other also other experts to bring new ideas here.

iCloud and ML

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.