3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 6:01 AM by paulinabaker69
paulinabaker69 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi

Can someone advise me I have a 15" MacBook pro one with metal case, when I power it on it comes up with the waiting circle going forever. I have waited as long as 20 minutes it will not start to the desktop. I have read in many places that if you get a folder sign with question mark it’s likely the hard drive failure. But I do not get this just a loading sign also spinning.

I took my computer to the Lakeside Apple store in Thurrock (In the uk). They had a quick look and said its might be the hard drive and called it fintage (I think there way of saying vintage) they told me its over six year and tried to sell me a new one. While one of the sale person was talking to me, he had his colleague getting me a new one, they kept on saying they have what I’m looking for when i asked new was £1600.

i walked away from the store as i don't have that sort of money at the moment. Has anyone else had this problem, i am running snow leopard 10.6.

Any information will be helpful. This model of the MacBook pro is difficult to open it does not have the easy back panel removal cover. So I can't remove the floppy disk.

Thank you in advance

Paulina

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)