Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates are showing on ipad, but there is nothing there to update

Updates are showing in the App Store, but there is nothing to update.

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 6:48 AM

22 replies

Jul 27, 2013 9:14 AM in response to lgb1296

If you are getting the blank app update screen, many people are having this problem over the last couple of days.

According toFly150in another discussion, this will work.

If you want to update the Apps while waiting for Apple to fix Updates:

1. Go to App Store

2. Select Purchased

3. Select All

4. Scroll down to find the Apps showing update

5. Select update on the Apps

This should update the Apps and get rid of the update count in App Store. Apple needs to fix this. It is a workaround only until then.

Jul 27, 2013 9:30 AM in response to lgb1296

Well, like I said, until Apple fixes it, there really isn't anything that you can do to fix it other than to use a workaround.

You really should be able to find apps in the purchased tab that need an update and once you do find them, you should be able to install the updates.

What did not work for you? What happened when you tried this?

Jul 28, 2013 3:25 PM in response to AutumnMonkey

I had the same issue and submitted a support request. Here is what I received. I cannot say whether it worked or not, since I don't currently have any apps to update, but I did it.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Cielo and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

I understand that you App Store does not show your app updates. Please follow the steep below to help resolve the issue.

1. Close All Apps on iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

2. Sign out of iTunes & App Stores: Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Tap AppleID > Sign out

3. Reset All Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

4. Reboot iPad

5. Sign back into iTunes and App Stores: Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Sign In with AppleID

Thank you for being an iTunes store customer. Apple appreciates your business.

Jul 28, 2013 6:04 PM in response to jsfiller

This workaround just began working for my and my wife's iPad only today:

1. Log out of Settings>iTunes and AppStore

2. Log back in.

3. Shut down iPad (home + sleep button).

4. Start iPad.

5. Go to App Store, then Purchased.

6. Go through each letter of the alphabet and update those apps one by one showing Update. (Before today, I wasn't seeing the Update. Not sure why this works now.)

7. Close out of App Store. At this point, I saw the red # disappear on the App Store icon. Blank page is still there when opening App Store>Updates, but at least the annoying red dot is gone.

Jul 30, 2013 5:09 AM in response to kites0852

Hiya, I finally figured it out. I kept looking for a 1 in my "purchased" apps folder but could not see a 1. I did do the reset but not to the extent to where I had to redownload all my apps again. I finally found the workaround where someone said they found the app that did not say OPEN but instead said UPDATE. Was kicking myself after that because I had been looking for the 1! LOL

Updates are showing on ipad, but there is nothing there to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.