Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto cannot copy photos to desktop

iPhoto will not copy photographs anymore!

I want to be able to drag (copy) photographs from iPhoto to the desktop.

This works fine in one profile but not my wife's profile

Why does iPhoto not allow copy?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 9:54 AM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2013 11:45 PM in response to hk richard

Thanks 'Old Toad'

Yep I tried that. I get a quite often preferences/com.apple.alf.plist should be 80 but is 0

After my post I realised my wife's profile couldn't copy ANYTHING. No images no documents. The log-in was screwed. Solved itself in a way because Mountain Lion is so unstable when switching users - it did its usual crash and when I logged back in I removed the usual mentioned: preferences/com.apple.alf.plist "should be 80 but is 0" to trash and restarted again. This fixed it. For now - but with ML all is flakey

Jul 28, 2013 8:44 AM in response to hk richard

Are you both using the same library or separate libraries? If it's separate libraries and it's only you'res that is giving problem launch iPhoto with the Option and Command keys held down and select the repair option to Repair Library Permissions. See if that will help the situation.

If you're both accessing the same library then it should be on an external HD with ownership set to be ignored.

iphoto cannot copy photos to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.