Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my passcode for iPod??! It says ''Make sure your internet connection is active and try again'' whenever I put it in DFU mode

I forgot my iPod touch passcode,

so I put it in DFU mode. Then, after I plugged it into itunes and everything it gives me this error

''iTunes could not contact the iPod software update server because you are not connected to the internet''

''Make sure your internet connection is active and try again.''

I tried changing the host on control pannel, and I made sure that no firewall is blocking it.

I always updated my itunes, but NOTHING seems to work, I'm screwed!!! :'(

PLEASE HELP THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU!!

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 10:28 AM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2013 4:41 PM in response to lllaass

It isnt a apple problem, my friend restored hers just a few minutes ago but she did not get that error.

However, I keep getting it.

I tried powering off and powering it back,

I tried the updating server, changed the google server thing, I dont have any other computers/networks so I cant do that, And again it is not a apple problem because my friend got it perfectly she never got that error.

Please help!??

Forgot my passcode for iPod??! It says ''Make sure your internet connection is active and try again'' whenever I put it in DFU mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.