Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 interfering with Logic Pro X

So I posted a similar topic the other day about how I have time signature and create new track windows popping up randomly, eventually causing me to force quit the application. After talking to Apple Care for the longest time we finally discovered it's being caused by the Logic files being created in the Preferences folder in the computer's library. Anyways, this solved my problem for a short time, but as soon as Logic Pro X started creating new preference files it came back again. I then made a back up of my computer and uninstaled Logic 9 hoping that it would stop the interference. However, that didn't solve it for me. This is where I'm hoping someone more experienced than I can help.

So right now I've found few options:

1) I find a way to remove all the hidden files from Logic 9 that are interfering with Logic Pro X for me, which doesn't appear to be an easy task.

2) I create a new user on my computer to use for just Logic Pro X, as when I use it on a different user the issues don't occur since logic 9 isn't present. The problem with this is then I have to switch over whenever I want to take a break from Logic.

3) I create a new account on my computer and restore it as much as I can to my current acount, although the closest back up I have from before downloading Logic 9 is from March, which obviously isn't very helpful.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can go about option number 1? I'd like to check to see if that will work before trying #2 or #3. I'll also be calling Apple Customer support later tonight when I have time, but I'd prefer to get advice from other users before I sit on the phone for another hour trying to figure it out with them.

Thanks everyone!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 1:58 PM

There are no replies.

Logic Pro 9 interfering with Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.