Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my embedded movie play when I export s a video?

I am trying to export my project in keynote 09. However, the embedded movie does not export and when the movie plays it gets stuck on that slide where the embedded movie is. I even tried opening the file with 08 ( I shouldn't have upgraded) and it can't be opened. Any advice?

Thanks!

OS 10.8.4

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 3:44 AM

What CODEC is the original video file, and what CODEC and settings are you using to export?

6 replies

Jul 28, 2013 9:42 AM in response to kasaer

From my experience, most Windows users do not have QuickTime player installed on their machines.

The alternative is to provide PDF or PowerPoint, but the software for these are not installed by default, and of course Keynote is a Mac only application, so you are very limited in how they will easily view your presentation.

I always provide Windows Media Video files for PC users, this requires separate software to be purchased to convert Quicktime to WMV. Fip 4 Mac Studio

I have had on occaision to supply clients with JPEG image files as this was the only method they could view the presentation as they were prevented from installing additional software.

You will need to ask your users if they are prepared to install additional software and if they want video or a slide presentation.

Jul 28, 2013 11:15 AM in response to Gary Scotland

I had this and upgrdaed, but don't kow how to use it?

I came up with a work around and use windows media maker. I converted it to wmv, but now the audio file doesn't play, but the embedded video does...oh boy!

How do I incorporate the flip4mac pro when exporting? Do I need to opne it in QT and then export? I looked at the user guide, but it isn't very clear.

Thanks Gary!

Why doesn't my embedded movie play when I export s a video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.