Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid B-Tree Node Size Fix Issues.

I currently have the hard drive from my macbook hooked up to my desktop via usb. The macbook hard drive shows up in disk utility but not on the desktop. When I verify and repair I get an "invalid b-tree node size". As a result I have bought diskwarrior to fix this problem. However when I try to open diskwarrior it says "diskwarrior cannot currently be run from this disk because mac os x ignores ownership of some disks by default." So, how do I get diskwarrior running so that I can fix this "invalid b-tree node size" and recover the data from my macbook hard drive?

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 5:37 PM

Have you installed DiskWarrior on your desktop's hard disk or are you running it from .dmg file that you opened on your desktop Mac's desktop and appears in its own window? That error is typical if you don't first install it on the HD of your Mac. The installation should simply be dragging it from that window onto your Application Folder's window. Then run DiskWarrior from the Applications folder.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2013 5:37 PM in response to bravebird

Have you installed DiskWarrior on your desktop's hard disk or are you running it from .dmg file that you opened on your desktop Mac's desktop and appears in its own window? That error is typical if you don't first install it on the HD of your Mac. The installation should simply be dragging it from that window onto your Application Folder's window. Then run DiskWarrior from the Applications folder.

Aug 4, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Raj_LA

Raj_LA wrote:

I don't have option to install anything. Its not booting up, its taking me directly to recovery utilities, but i can't mount the hard drive.

Since you're jumping in on a thread which someone else started and finished a full year ago, you might be better off starting your own new thread. At the very least it would be helpful if you fully explain what your problem is, which Mac and which operating system you're using, and what you've done so far.

But if you're trying to boot from the DVD that Disk Warrior is on, it won't work unless you've got a pretty old Mac.

Aug 4, 2014 11:19 AM in response to FatMac-MacPro

Its Mac Book Pro, OS X, tried fixing thru single user mode, (can't find the drive there). Tried fixing thru Disk Utilities, it won't mount, and don't repair. (problem happened, my computer froze and i did hard reboot) seems like it messed up or locked my hard drive, and no one read it. Now unlocking or making it reach to fix permissions not working.

Aug 4, 2014 11:26 AM in response to Raj_LA

Raj-LA-

Buy a new drive that is a candidate to replace the drive inside your macBook, and an external USB enclosure to hold it while you work on it. They can be had for under US$100.

Install Mac OS X from scratch on the new external drive.

Use the full power of Mac OS X to examine and repair your damaged drive, instead of trying to work from Recovery mode or Single user mode.

After you are satisfied that you have salvaged all of YOUR files that you can, If the damaged drive can be repaired, great. If not, use the new drive as a replacement. Mac OS X contains over 350,000 files, and you do not need ANY of them -- if you install a new copy on another drive.

Invalid B-Tree Node Size Fix Issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.