Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The camera icon disappeared on my phone iPhone 5 any ideas where may have gone, what to do?

Problem started the other day I try to send a picture to my son in iMessage on a text, it went through as a movie but I took a picture not a movie I tried it again today the same thing happened I went over to my camera icon to try to retake the picture but the icon for the camera is nowhere to be found. I thought that was part of the operating system no way I deleted it. very strange, Do need to reset my phone?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), iOS 6, if it's Apple I have it or want it!e

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 5:20 PM

You cannot delete the camera app, but it can be disabled in the Restrictions menu. If you have a corporate email account it can also be disabled by your corporate security policy.

Go to the Search screen (press HOME when on the first page of the Home screen) and search for "Camera". If it appears you have just misplaced it in a folder or a different page of the Home screen; you can look for it, or go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset home screen layout.

If it doesn't show in the Search screen it has been disabled as described.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2013 5:20 PM in response to NP_iDad

You cannot delete the camera app, but it can be disabled in the Restrictions menu. If you have a corporate email account it can also be disabled by your corporate security policy.

Go to the Search screen (press HOME when on the first page of the Home screen) and search for "Camera". If it appears you have just misplaced it in a folder or a different page of the Home screen; you can look for it, or go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset home screen layout.

If it doesn't show in the Search screen it has been disabled as described.

The camera icon disappeared on my phone iPhone 5 any ideas where may have gone, what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.