Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is something wrong with my macbook air

i got my macbook air last year december 2012 i just recently checked my charge cycles i still have no idea what they mean but i know mine are to high. I have 236 charge cycles and my battery health is 59% also i only get 3hrs on a full charge.

macbook air 11.6 mid 2012 base model

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 7:46 PM

11 replies

Jul 27, 2013 8:35 PM in response to kushxx

kushxx wrote:

even if i bought it from bestbuy?

No idea. Try plugging your Mac's serial number in the following Apple website to determine its status:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

To find your Mac's serial number: MacBook Air: How to find the serial number

In the event you must pay for it yourself, I believe Apple charges approximately $120 for a new MacBook Air battery.

Jul 27, 2013 8:33 PM in response to kushxx

This is a bad battery. After 236 cycles your battery is at 59% of original capacity.

"The built-in battery of your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is designed to deliver up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity."

"A charge cycle means using all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. For instance, you could use your notebook for an hour or more one day, using half its charge, and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so it may take several days to complete a cycle."

Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

As to Applecare Terms/bestbuy, I can't speak to that.

Is something wrong with my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.