Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode Organizer opens in slow motion

Could someone please confirm if this is a bug?

When the dock preference is set to "minimize winows into application icon", and you try to show Xcode's Organizer using the keyboard shortcut Command+Shift+2, the Organizer opens in slow motion.

Steps:

1. Open dock preferences and check "Minimize windows into application icon"

2. Switch to Xcode and make sure Organizer is closed (NOT minimized, but CLOSED).

3. Use Control+Shift+2 to open the Organizer. It should open up on the screen just fine.

4. Click the minimize button on the Organizer window to minimize it. Should be fine.

5. Now, use the keyboard shortcut Command+Shift+2 to restore the Organizer window from the minimized state. The Organizer opens in slow motion.

6. If you go back to the Dock preferences and uncheck "Minimize windows into application icon" then the Organizer will NOT do the slow motion thing - which should be the right way for it to work.

It seems this is a bug of some sort, since OS X has this global feature that when you hold down Shift while minimize/restore windows they will animate in slow motion. However, in case of Xcode, the mentioned checkbox in the Doc preferences also affects the Organizer window.

I'm curious if someone could reproduce this?

Thanks.

Xcode 4.6.3

OS X 10.8.4

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 10:48 PM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2014 4:02 AM in response to Pentool

Yes, I have had this on my 2009 iMac since Snow Leopard. I am currently running Mavericks. I don't remember seeing it on other iMacs at work though and it is surprising that it doesn't appear to happen with other applications, or even with an Xcode project window - just with the Organizer window.

Seems to have been there for many Xcode versions too.

My System: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

6 GB 1067 MHz RAM (just upgraded from 4 GB)

Xcode 5.0.2

Xcode Organizer opens in slow motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.