Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari quits during sleep

Not a huge problem, but why does Safari sometimes quit when the iMac it put into sleep mode? (iMac running 10.7.5) I may have ten or more pages open on specific web pages, and when I come back Safari has closed, and sometimes Safari has even forgotten the address of the page when it is reopened. Bit of a pain, as I have to either bookmark all pages, or try to find them again.

Some other software closes too. But Mail never closes.

P.S. Is 10.7.5 a lion, a cheetah, or a snow leopard? And why does it not say??

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 1:44 AM

7 replies

Apr 2, 2014 1:08 PM in response to ralphy

Yes, this Safari quitting in sleep mode is a complete pain in the backside. It not only forgets previous pages, but one internet site has just blocked me for downloading an article too many times!! I DID NOT .... it was Safari !!

And why cannot my Apple desktop machine (no idea what it is, because it does not say) remember these web-pages, instead of downloading them again? Why cannot Safari refresh from its own cashe? Why clog up my server (which is shared) by downloading 50 pages WHEN THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOWNLOADED !!

And yes, why does this computer not say what type of feline software I have? Do I have a Tabby, a Siamese, a Burmese? Why all the stupid secrecy here?

Apple needs a kick up the backside.

The new iPad 7.0 was cr@p.

The new version of Prieview was utter cr@p.

(I cannot understand half the messages in this stuptid update - whatever happened to 'Save As'?)

Pages is simply obtuse and will not do anything you ask of it (whatever happened to Apple Works?)

The saving system (saving to USB sticks) takes longer that it did back in 1995.

(there was a neat plugin that only updated files that had changed).

Get a grip, Apple.

Ralph

Apr 3, 2014 3:52 AM in response to ralphy

Actually, the question is NOT solved at all. Just this stupid system said it was solve, and when I clicked to say 'no it is not' it assumed I meant it had been solved.

And the second post was meant for another thread.

And no, there is nothing wrong with my disk. And anyway, it has been doing this ever since I bought this thing.

Ralph

Nov 11, 2014 12:28 PM in response to methers840

>>does anyone know how to actually solve this problem?

Apparently not. Apple seems to turn a blind eye to ongoing problems, in order to make new flashy products. Fixing old problems doesn't earn any dosh, and keep the share price up.

But if Safari wants to quit - why does it reload all the pages when you restart? Why not reload from a cache memory????? Does Apple know how much that reload costs, if you are paying by the gigabyte? Do they care?

They really are a **** company.

Safari quits during sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.