Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my songs displaying twice within library?

Songs within my iTunes library have now started to appear twice, as maybe iCloud has not recognised I already have the songs within my library.

Anything I have purchased in the iTunes store is now appearing twice in my library - one the actual song, the other song with an option to "Download from iCloud" as seen below.

User uploaded file

Going to the purchased page in the iTunes store, it says everything I have purchased is has already been downloaded to this device (which it has been) - it is only within the iTunes library this is showing.

Is there a way I can remove this, or is it possibly an option I might have accidently selected?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 10:47 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2013 3:30 PM in response to Seb J

I was having the same problem. I tried this, but I then ran into a completely different problem.

I went to View and then clicked Show View Options. I noticed iCloud Download was checked so I unchecked it. It did its job in that it now doesn't show any iCloud music. Wanting some iCloud music back, but not for it to show iCloud music that was already downloaded on my computer, I went back to the Show View Options to recheck iCloud Download, which is now completely missing.

Any help?

How do I stop my songs displaying twice within library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.