Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avis@itunes.com - is this a SPAM Mail?

Hi all

I received a French email from in the subject mentioned email adress avis@itunes.com asking me to verify my apple ID with password in order to confirm - is this spam? It looks like fishing email - did anybody else got this kind of mail?

Find here the original text of the email:

Chèr(e) client(e)

Nous vous informons que votre compte arrive à expiration dans moins 48 heures, il est impératif d'effectuer une vérfication des vos informations des à présent, sans quoi votre compte sera détruit. Cliquez simplement sur le lien ci-dessous et ouvrer une session à l'aide de votre Apple ID et de votre mot de passe.

Vérfiez maintenat.

Pourqoui ce courier électronique vous a-t-il été envoyé ?

L'envoi de ce courrier électronique s'applique lorsque la date d'expiration de votre compte arrive à terme.

Pour plus d'informations, consultez la rubrique Questions et réponses.

Merci,

L'assistance à la clientèle Apple

TM et copright © 2013 Appel Inc. Appel Sales International, Hollyhill Industrail Estate, Cork, Ireland. Numéro d'immatriculation de la société : 15719. Numéro de TVA : IE6554690W.

Tous droit réservés / Tenez-moi informé / Engagement de confidentialité / Mon Appel ID

Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir d'e-mail de la part d'Apple ou si votre adresse e-mail a changé, veuilez cliquer ici.

Spam

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 5:39 AM

Spam. Do not divulge any personal or financial information.

10 replies

Dec 11, 2013 6:56 AM in response to Krouva

If you just clicked on the links and did not provide any personal information, especially your Apple ID and password, then you are probably safe. I'd suggest clearing your web browser of all cookies since the site may have placed tracking cookies on your system and may be collecting information about your web usage.

If you did provide your Apple ID and password, immediately change your password to a new one, making it something that would be difficult to guess since the crooks now know your Apple ID.

Regards.

Dec 12, 2013 2:13 AM in response to Faberfaber

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did not provide any personal information when i cliked on this link but i ve provided my Apple id when i ve signed in on this web site to write this message...

I did it through my iphone and I dont know how to clean my web browser of all cookies on an iphone. And i hope it is not too late!

I ll try to look for this on google.

Regards

Dec 12, 2013 2:17 AM in response to varjak paw

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did not provide any personal information when i cliked on this link but i ve provided my Apple id when i ve signed in on this web site to write this message...

I did it through my iphone and I dont know how to clean my web browser of all cookies on an iphone. And i hope it is not too late!

I ll try to look for this on google.

Regards

Dec 12, 2013 6:30 AM in response to Krouva

i ve provided my Apple id when i ve signed in on this web site to write this message.

This is a legimate Apple site so no worries here.

I dont know how to clean my web browser of all cookies on an iphone. And i hope it is not too late!

Cookies just provide information to advertisers and others as to the web sites you visit and links you click on, so they're not a critical problem, just what many consider to be a privacy violation. But you can clear the cookies and the browser cache in Settings -> Safari.

Regards.

Avis@itunes.com - is this a SPAM Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.