Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does nothing when I plug my iPhone in

I have an iPhone 5 32GB, a 2007 iMac 24", Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and iTunes 11.0.4 (4).

When I plug my iPhone into my Mac, absolutely nothing happens. If iTunes is closed, it doesn't open. If iTunes is open, no iPhone button appear in the top right corner and nothing changes in the sidebar.

I have also tried plugging it into my PC which has iTunes installed, and then the iPhone button does appear, but I don't want to sync it on that machine - I want to sync it on my Mac.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 11:09 AM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2015 9:20 AM in response to DJIzzy

It's amazing how many basic things on an Apple simply don't work, are impossible to figure out and there is no place to turn to for help when they don't. This forum is a joke. 90% of the answers are convoluted and wrong and that's when there are answers offered at all.

This is the most fundamental issue imaginable: loading photos from an iPhone to an Apple computer and for many people it simple does not work and Apple doesn't care. If Apple did care they'd have their employees on this site fixing problems and massive fails associated with their products not random unpaid volunteers taking random shots in the dark.

Nov 21, 2015 12:57 PM in response to amacord

amacord wrote:

It appear that "advisors" can score massive points with brilliant observations like: 1) make sure your cabe works and 2) he's a link to some incomprehensible tech support pages

This is quite a comment considering:

• You decided to respond to a 2½ year old post.
  • You note these article suggestions as "incomprehensible":
    • Check Your USB Connections
    • Restart Your Device
    • Restart Your Mac
    • Update Your Software

If you find these suggestions "incomprehensible", then I suggest either looking elsewhere for help, and/or switching away from Apple gear.

iTunes does nothing when I plug my iPhone in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.