You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing items from desktop without deleting them from computer?

is there a way that i can remove things from my desktop without having to move them to the trash? i just don't like how they look on the desktop (they're covering my background) and i just want them out of there, but do not want to delete them entirely.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 11:00 AM

Put the items in a folder and place the folder in Documents.

Ciao.

4 replies

Jul 28, 2013 11:09 AM in response to val_h7

What are these THINGS? Best way to stop THINGS from being placed on the desktop is to stop putting THINGS there.

Files you create should go in folders in either your Documents folder or the respective folders under your username folder, Music, Pictures and the like. There are already folders in your Username folder for those THINGS.

If these THINGS are icons for drives then you can't move them but you can turn off showing them on the desktop.

removing items from desktop without deleting them from computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.