Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning a DVD

I have a new iMac and tyring to burn a DVD with iMovie software. The tutorial sayd to clinck "share" and "iDVD" but there is no "iDVD " option. How do you burn iMovie projects onto a DVD.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), i think that is my operating system

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 12:43 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2013 3:46 PM in response to BBosart

Once you purchase and install iDVD follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Jul 28, 2013 6:55 PM in response to BBosart

I have a new iMac and tyring to burn a DVD

If you are still within your 15 day return period. Call Apple they will sent out iDVD at no charge. (There are no realistic substitutes.)

Nicely explain that you may return the computer without iDVD. That usually does the trick. You MUST speak to a senior advisor to get a free copy. The first tier people cannot do it.

408-996-1010

800-692-7753

If that doesn't work you can purchase iLife 11 (or iLife 09) (includes iDVD) on disk.

IDVD is a wonderful piece of software and well worth the low cost of $40.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

http://dealmac.com/lw/artclick.html?1,527850,1872219

Burning a DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.