Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't have the app store in my mac book pro running 10.6.8

I need to download mountain lion from the app store, but I don't have the app store in my macbook pro and I don't know why

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Have you tried doing a "Spotlight" search?

5 replies

Jul 28, 2013 1:31 PM in response to billfromnorth falmouth

In addition to wuzradioman's suggestion, has your 10.6.8 OS been updated via the combo updater and the series of recent additional security updates. The security updates will not affect your problem but the Combo update might well.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

If you have, you can always apply it again. It will not harm your system and has been known to correct minor glitches. Warning. It is a big update and takes time.

Jul 28, 2013 2:54 PM in response to billfromnorth falmouth

Hi Bill,

The App Store is usually in the applications folder and a duplicate or alias would be lodged in the dock. Have you tried starting from desktop > go to Applications folder > clicking App Store once to highlight it > then navigate to file and click duplicate and drag the duplicate to your desk top. You can then test open it, then transfer the duplicate to the dock once tested and working.

If you still don't get a result you have nothing to lose by downloading and applying the Combo updater I recommended in my earlier post.

i don't have the app store in my mac book pro running 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.