Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why dose my MacBook not turn on and the charger light is very faint

My MacBook Pro has a faint green light on the charger but won't turn on, I've tried many different things to restart it but nothing works

iMac, screen broke

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 1:32 PM

82 replies

Feb 4, 2017 5:31 PM in response to rajjulian

THANK YOU!!!!! Worked immediately after them Mac store told me I needed to upgrade my vintage model and they could couldnt even open it. It's working perfectly after cleaning the inside with alcohol and q-tips and popping the battery out and back in. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro and it randomly shut off and then charger port showed a very faint green light. Thanks again!

Sep 8, 2017 1:33 AM in response to richmahn

Hey Richmahn,

The fix worked for mine as well so thank you! I wanted to ask you as to why it worked? Im trying to understand if it was a reset or a kick start? Im also trying to wrap my head around as to why this would be such an expensive fix if all the components in your computer are still in working order? Don't know if you'll get this message and no urgency. Im just curious. Thanks again for the fix! Cheers

Jan 12, 2018 11:59 PM in response to richmahn

Absolutely worked like a charm. Took off the cover. Unplugged the battery. connected the external power and got a nice bright green light. opened the lid and it powered right up to the sleep state. shutdown the computer. disconnected the power, plugged in the battery, connected the external power and got a nice bright orange light. i'm letting it charge before i do anything else.

Thank you.

Sep 28, 2013 2:47 AM in response to ashleyfrommiddlesbrough

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME I FIXED IT EASILY TAKE OFF BACK UNPLUG CHARGER THEN TAKE FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER PRY UNLOSE THE BLACK BATTERY HOOKED UP TO MOTHER BOARD THEN PLUG IN CHARGER TO RECHARGE MOTHERBOARD IT WILL BE NORMAL LIKE BRIGHT GREEN SHUT DOWN COMPUTER PLUG BATTERY BACK IN EVRYTHING WORKS

I PROMISE YOU IT WORKS DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Oct 29, 2013 12:16 PM in response to rajjulian

Thank you so very much for this post!!!! I took off the back, cleaned out the dust, only thing I had to do was unplug the battery from the logic board and plug it back in and I was up and running! Typing this on it now! I really thought all was lost because my baby wouldn't do a thing! You really helped me a great deal and saved me a ton of money. I had already talked to apple and had just looked at my calendar to see what day to schedule an appointment with them when I decided to try it one one more time! Thanks again!!!!

Why dose my MacBook not turn on and the charger light is very faint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.