Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DMG Not Recognized - Will Not Open

After using a time machine backup to transfer my account and data (but not applications) to my new Macbook using Mountain Lion I am unable to open and install the uTorrent .dmg file from their website, (I already had uTorrent installed on my previous backup) recieving the dmg could not be recognized error. I have been able to open other dmg's and I've redownloaded in multiple browsers so it cannot be a corrupted download. I've also chaged the Gatekeeper settings to allow all and used get info to ensure it is opening in DiskImageMounter and this hasn't changed things either. Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 4:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2013 2:55 AM in response to BrydenO

I've also have the same problem, a lot of people state that download is incomplete or corrupt. I've installed the same utorrent.dmg on my iMac and it worked without any issues.

The guys in the uTorrent forum keep saying it's all about the download process, but I have a very stable connection no matter the time and traffic, no downtimes, the MBP is brand new, I have nothing much installed on it, just set up the Mac OS X Lion 10.8.4.

I personally believe it might be something wrong with the dmg that uTorrent provides.

DMG Not Recognized - Will Not Open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.