Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing frustration

I am having trouble with my home sharing. I DJ with my laptop on a different program but I have most of my songs on my desktop. I used to be able to quickly download my songs on my laptop to take and play later. Now I can't. I feel like every time apple gets a new itunes I find something that is no longer working or is harder to work than before. It is EXTREMELY frustrating. I'm getting ready to switch all of my music to another music system.

Anyway enough complaining if someone can help me fix this then that would be great. I wouldn't have to go through a ton of work to switch my music to another program. What is happening is I pull home sharing up. I have both itunes up and running on both computers. I can access my playlists on both. I then go to select a song to download from my desktop to my laptop and I can't download it. there used to be a convenient button that said view songs not in my library, that is no longer there. I then clicked itunes help and followed the directions given. Still nothing.

itunes help -> add items to itunes -> from a computer -> import items from home from other libraries using home sharing -> show

1. choose a computer on your home sharing device......

2. Choose a category

3. in the show menu at the bottom of the itunes window, choose "items not in my library" (This is the part that isn't working)

Step 3 I went down to the bottom of the itunes window there is nothing there. I exited out of both itunes and logged back on nothing. I turned off my computers completely... nothing. I re-downloaded itunes on both to makes sure they both were operating on the same itunes version.... nothing. I am running out of ideas.😕

computer-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 2:09 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2013 2:30 PM in response to Brandy1989

I also checked firewall on both computers both computers show that itunes is an allowed program

if you call apple support the music is super loud and annoying i don't have to even put my phone on speaker its ridiculous! Whats sad is i like some of the music they are playing but I think they are trying to make people deaf. You are sitting there holding the phone up to your ear going throught the automative system and then BAM Music blasting right in your ear.

Jul 28, 2013 2:58 PM in response to Brandy1989

if your sidebar is not on (meaning view side bar) you actually have to sign out and sign back in.

1. click view at top of screen
  2. view side bar
  3. click file on top of screen
  4. Home Sharing'
  5. Turn off Home sharing
  6. (screen should pop up where you can put your apple id and password in ) sign back in

it should then work for importing music!!

if you already have the side bar showing like I did skip to step 3

home sharing frustration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.