Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How doI correct a problem from safe boot? I am trying to gain a clean start minus Chrome which keeps freezing on the keychain splash screen

My pages automatically come up when rebooting (something I intent to fix); I am unable to go anywhere before Chrome comes up and the splash screen for the keychain (hate that) comes up and freezes the pages not allowing me to go anywhere to fix the problem. UGH!!! Help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), MacOS Lion 10.7

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 4:17 PM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2013 4:28 PM in response to Sheeaghan

You hold down the shift key at startup

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1455

Once you are in safe mode you want to remove login items. Go to the Apple Menu, select system preferences, user and groups, login items( not login options) , unlock and click the - button on everything in there.

You can delete chrome from finder. Select applications and drag it to the trash or a right click then move to trash

You can do a clean install of the OS or simply repair it.

As far as the keychain you can reset the keychain in keychain access application, go to preferences, reset keychain.

How doI correct a problem from safe boot? I am trying to gain a clean start minus Chrome which keeps freezing on the keychain splash screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.