Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Failed to open midi support library". What is missing? And if so, how do I get it back? What to do?

I own a new Macbook pro 15" quadcore with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4

When trying to start software Reason 7 I only get the message "Failed to open midi support library".

What is missing? And if so, how do I get it back? Reinstalling Mountain Lion did not solve anything.

What may I do? Is there separate MIDI-drivers or else that Macbook needs to be running audio at all?

My audiocard Apogee Duet 2 is´nt working well either and I cannot even open the MIDI-window in Mac,

so that road is blocked. I´ve seen more ppl having problem but found no explaination.

Some say to remove midi-drivers but that folder is empty (or hidden?) when opening.

Also, Garage Band cannot open. It´s no problem with graphic apps, only with audio/midi.

My 2011 Macbook pro13" with OS X Lion runs like a charm. So how can this be? It really puzzles my mind.

Have thoughts on having OS X Lion on the new Mac as well but will not do it until I know where the real problem is.

Hope there is an easy fix to it. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 4:37 PM

There are no replies.

"Failed to open midi support library". What is missing? And if so, how do I get it back? What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.