Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 5 has the same antennae problems as the 4?

I have been using my iPhone 5 for a few months now and I have noticed that sometimes the connection drops and even worse, it drops without me being informed of it!

It stays in a LifeProof case that's waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and snowproof, so I'm wondering if it can have anything to do with the case.

I doubt it, I'm just mentioning it for the sake of mentioning all circumstances.

When I try to call or send a text, I'm unable to do so, but resetting the iPhone through Airplane modus works. It's just that I cannot see that I can't receive messages or calls!

I do not use Voice-mail.

I haven't got any problem with Wi-Fi btw, that works fine and keeps me informed if people can't reach me.

This is my first smartphone, so I don't know it it has anything to do with my phone in itself or my operator.

I live in The Netherlands and my operator is Telfort which uses the network of KPN.

The problem seems to be more frequent during the afternoon, but lately I have been having it in evenings too.

It happens when I travel, like today, but also when I stay at home like last friday.

Does it have anything to do with my iPhone?

Does it have anything to do with my LifeProof case?

Does it have anything to do with my telcom provider?

Any hints would be welcome (no, I'm not going to take of the case, the iPhone is way too much fragile.)!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, My first smartphone

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 7:50 PM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2013 8:35 PM in response to gail from maine

Yeah, 3G is a problem as well, but since I'm mostly on Wi-Fi anyway that isn't such an important problem (at least to me it isn't), but yeah, the coverage is terrible.

It's just the GSM network that's bothering me. I mean, my old trusty Nokia 3110c has always worked as a charm and I never had late sms or people calling me who get the notion that my phone is turned off while it isn't. I'm this close to turning Voice Mail on, but I do not want to bring extra costs to people when it ain't necessary.

Besides, listening to Voice mail costs too and I haven't figured out how to turn on Visual Voice mail and I'm guessing that my provider doesn't support it...

Edit:

Thanks for welcoming me on the fora.

I have contacted LifeProof, Telfort and now the Apple Support Communities (Apple fora).

I hope there is someone out there that can confirm if it's my phone, my case or my telco.

Yes, I'm guessing it's my telco. I hope I don't have to live with it.

Let us see if someone has a magic solution.

Message was edited by: whaha

Does the iPhone 5 has the same antennae problems as the 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.