Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computers are having problems by passing songs

Hi,

aout 2 weeks ago i bought a mac mini, to replace my old Windows (running Windows XP) computer, afterward i passed all my documents with a bit of trouble, but i eventually finished passing them all (via ethernet cable). then it was time to pass Itunes songs and playlists. First i tried using the migration assistant, but i realized my old computer had new connectivity problems, wich ment i couldn´t download migration assistant on my old computer. then i tried passing the songs via ethernet, what i did was: first i located the itunes media folder, and then send it via ethernet cable. but it only passed 10901 songs of my 11675 songs, and my playlists weren´t syncd. anyways, then i tried passing my songs via my ipod (as an external hard drive), eventually it hapend the same. and after that i bought a samsung external hard drive (250GB) and tried the same, i located the itunes media folder, copied it and then pasted it on my external hard drive, then i opened my external hard drive on my mac mini and passed the itunes folder on to itunes but.... eventually it happend the same. remember i can´t use home sharing or itunes match, because for reasons i don´t know my old computer, as i menssioned before, can´t connect to the internet .what can i try? what can i do? PLEASE HELP i need to pass all my songs before the day after tomorrow, please.

Sincerely, Miguel La Corte

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 10:14 PM

7 replies

Jul 28, 2013 10:50 PM in response to Miguel La Corte

Hi!

Try Home Sharing.

Transfer purchases is working too (if you have an unlimited and free internet connection 🙂)

see here (Moving Library with windows migration, home sharing, external hard drive and transfer purchases): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

and here (Moving Library with iPod): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

Jul 28, 2013 11:09 PM in response to Miguel La Corte

what i did with my external hard drive was copy the itunes folder (on my old computer) and then paste it in the external hard drive. then on my new mac i erased the itunes folder (Finder/Music) and then i pasted the copied itunes folder on my hard drive. then i opened itunes and i went to File/add music to library and i selected the itunes folder

My computers are having problems by passing songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.