Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it legal to convert the music files, which I have purchased in recent months, to the mp3 format and burn them on to a CD so that they can be played in non-apple music devices that dont support the M4A format?

Is it legal to convert the music files, which I have purchased in recent months, to the mp3 format and burn them on to a CD so that they can be played in non-apple music devices that dont support the M4A format?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 2:54 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2013 4:29 AM in response to renemjoseph

Yes, of course it is legal.

To convert the format, follow one of these documents:

iTunes 11 for Windows: Save a copy of a song in a new file format

iTunes 11 for Mac: Save a copy of a song in a new file format

Also note that you have the option of buying your files in MP3 format in the first place, from Amazon MP3 or other online retailers. MP3 files will work in iTunes as well as virtually every other player, program, and device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.