Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.idms.appleid.prd keeps generating hundreds of certificates daily.

User uploaded file

I don't have a clue of how this happened, but the same certificate keeps getting generated in my machine for the past months, increasing the keychain folder size up to 7GBs which is very ridiculous. I've been repairing disk and permisison with no positive results.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2016 1:21 AM

In Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Keychain errors can be fixed by deleting all files and folders in

~/Library/Keychains/
and rebooting.

"First Aid" is no longer available. Guides that suggest "first aid" or renaming keychain files are misguided or outdated.

2 replies

Jul 29, 2013 9:45 AM in response to kalanyuz

Obviously the certificates are all invalid, as they expire in 500 years.

Back up all data. Sign out of iCloud in the iCloud prerference pane. Delete all the duplicate certificates.

Select the login keychain from the list on the left side of the Keychain Access window.

If the lock icon in the top left corner of the window shows that the keychain is locked, click to unlock it. You'll be prompted for the keychain password, which is the same as your login password, unless you've changed it.

Right-click or control-click the login entry in the list. From the menu that pops up, select Change Settings for Keychain "login". In the sheet that opens, uncheck both boxes, if not already unchecked.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences First Aid

If the box marked Keep login keychain unlocked is not checked, check it.

Select

Keychain Access Keychain First Aid

from the menu bar and repair the keychain. Quit Keychain Access.

Sign back in to iCloud and see whether there's an improvement.

com.apple.idms.appleid.prd keeps generating hundreds of certificates daily.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.