Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Reviews - Reviews are being written but only star ratings are showing up.

Here's my situation:

1. I ask users, openly on Twitter, to review my podcast and let me know what they think of it.
  2. Users go and write a review
  3. Users tell me, "Hey, just wrote you a review! Think the show is great!"
  4. I thank them and scurry off to read what they wrote

Here's the problem: their textual review isn't showing up, only their star-rating. Let's take Saturday as an example:

I had a popular author on the show for an interview of his new book. Brilliant interview, smart guy. On Sunday I touched base with him, thanked him for coming on the show and giving us the opportunity to speak with him, and asked "would you mind writing a review of the show to let us know what you thought of the whole thing?" He obliged immediately, returning an hour later to let me know that he'd written a review.

I knew that his review wouldn't be present immediately, of course, so I waited until this morning to check in on it. When I did I found that his Star Rating was there, but not his written review.

This has happened on numerous ocassions. I'm sure of three incidents where a review was written but never show up - even though it's corresponding Star Rating did.

I'm aware of the different stores - all of these reviews exist in the US store, though I suspect there are a fair amount in the UK and AUS stores that aren't showing up either.

Note: this doesn't happen all the time, I do have a few written reviews that are showing up.

Can I get some help on this?

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 7:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2013 5:34 PM in response to NoGodCast

I had a similar issue but I had a hunch that proved to be correct.

It looks like the reviews you see are only displayed in the region they where written.

So make sure you check each geographic region. Each region will have different reviews

eg.

USA

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/work-etc-crm-+-projects-+/id455621537?mt=8

Australia

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/work-etc-crm-+-projects-+/id455621537?mt=8

iTunes Reviews - Reviews are being written but only star ratings are showing up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.